aswim in knits

Monday, August 14, 2006

dabbling

I had a lovely, lazy weekend. I met up with some friends from college. We shopped, and talked, and had dinner. We saw some of the cows on parade in Boston, including one painted in Marimekko, just like one of my favorite fabrics --


I also played about with some crafty things.

I took a lesson on how to use a serger -- one of these ones. I don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon -- too specialized.

I knit some more on the orange baby blanket. Not even halfway done yet!!

I also bought myself a new toy -- a Brother labeller.
No, I don't really *need* one, but I feel so wonderfully organized to have all my stuff properly labelled!!

I also played a bit on my sewing machine. Photos to follow tomorrow, if I remember to take photos tonight!

4 Comments:

  • Oh, I'm dying to see the Cow Parade -- I've caught a few of them here and there, but I really need to take a day and do it right. Time's running out, though, only a couple more weeks of cows!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 AM  

  • oh man, getting a serger/overlock machine is one of my dreams! :)

    love the brother ptouch. what a good way to get organized.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 12:09 PM  

  • You got to play with a Viking? ohhh...I'm jealous

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 2:09 PM  

  • I love the cow. I need to get to Boston to check them out. Also, I think everyone does need a labeler. We use ours at least every week. You'd think we'd run out of things to label.

    By Blogger Dena, at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home