aswim in knits

Thursday, August 10, 2006

my flowery bum

Well, it seems that I got some people's attention when I posted a photo of my husband's butt. (Hmmm ... husbands-in-underwear have appeared elsewhere in the knitblogosphere recently.)

In the interests of satisfying the blog-reading public, I thought it was time to post a photo of my posterior.


I am wearing the skirt that I stitched up on Monday night. I bought the fabric a couple of weeks ago, and I used the same pattern as I did for the skirt I made in July. I did make a few size adjustments, and I like the fit of this one better.

Here's the front view. Sorry you can't see more of me ... I'm wearing a black shirt, in front of dark green bushes, at dusk. (Damn that job that keeps me from crafting all day long in full natural sunlight!)
There is a very similar floral print used in a skirt at Talbots Kids. Apparently I share my sense of style with well-dressed six-year olds. Hmph.

I still have the fabric for one more skirt, this time in a different pattern. I'm hoping to get a start on that one tonight...

On a related note, did everyone see the fabrics available at Ikea? That may require a road trip soon...

8 Comments:

  • Are those Ikea fabrics new? Because I didn't see them at the store when I went there a month ago. Cute though.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 10:35 AM  

  • i have a confession. i'm afraid of ikea. i went a few months back and it was so packed that i had to leave.

    i love your skirt though.

    and i meant to tell you -- i received the book. thanks!

    By Blogger maryse, at 11:14 AM  

  • If you wore black stockings, the photo would only show the skirt! Spooooooky. (Pretty skirt!)

    By Blogger Katie, at 11:35 AM  

  • Danielle, Nice skirt, but this comment is in reference to your blog entry on May 4th, and I'd really like to talk about your eyes.

    Well, just one of them, you know, the wonky one, the one that twitches, wiggles, shimmers and makes you tilt your head, bob and weave, trying to see through all the multiple images of which your brain is trying to make sense.

    The reason that I want to talk to you about it is because I was trolling the Net today, looking for information for the support group that I guide for people with superior oblique myokymia (SOM). Yes, very rare disorder and all, we SOMers have managed to find one another and gather at http://groups.msn.com/Superiorobliquemyokymia/index.msnw to share our experiences and commiserate with one another.

    I invite you to visit and see if you think that we could be the support for which you seemed to be looking, back in May. And, by the way, I'm a newly enthusiastic knitter, myself, because it is one of the things that my SOM will still allow me to do.

    Small world, hey?

    By Blogger SOMPeople, at 3:04 PM  

  • Hey, CUTE skirt! Lurve the fabric. Very gorgeous indeed!

    By Blogger kirsten, at 6:07 AM  

  • Damn good skirt! And behind!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 AM  

  • Very cute skirt! Those 6-year olds know what they like. ;)

    Hmm, is the IKEA fabric mail order only? I sure don't remember seeing fabric at IKEA...

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:02 PM  

  • I love your skirts and the material. They look great. See you soon.

    Kathy

    By Blogger Kathy, at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home