aswim in knits

Friday, August 11, 2006

working through the list

This week I finished up a couple of things, including couch pillows, a skirt, a bit of baby blanket, and this doggy quilt. It is my first attempt at quilting anything on the machine (I finished it before making the pillows, and I just kind of figured out how to do the things I wanted to do, without really folowing any particular instructions.

(I've since laundered it, so the chalk lines in this photo are now gone...)

It's about 3 feet square. I'm thinking of donating it to an animal shelter. I might just stick it in a closet until some blogger puts out a call for charity stuff for the beasties.

****

But, I still have a LOT of things that I want to do. Every few months, I feel compelled to list them out so that I don't lose track of what I'm working on. Also, I keep hoping that if I make a list, and make it public, I will shame myself into finishing something :)

Knits to finish:

Sewing projects:
  • pink and green skirt
  • pink and green boxer shorts for the hubby, made from the extra yardage that I anticipate having left over from the skirt (hey, we can match!!)
  • Hooray for Headbands
  • Denyse Schmidt potholders, in scraps of blue
  • drink coasters to match pillows?
  • hot pads to match potholders?
All those things are just the projects that I already have materials for!! I've got lots of ideas for other projects, but I need to finish up some of thees other ones first.

My goal is to complete 5 of these things before starting anything new. Which 5? How about these ones ...
I would be a happy crafter if I finished these :)

4 Comments:

  • Hee hee - it will be amusing if anyone asks to see how you two match and your husband has to flash his boxers!! ;)

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:04 PM  

  • man, you've got a lot on your plate

    By Blogger maryse, at 7:25 AM  

  • It looks great! The shelter will love it, I'ms ure.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM  

  • I'll be quite excited if you pick up Fountain Lace again. :-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home