aswim in knits

Monday, May 22, 2006

Not socks!

After several sock related posts, I have a WIP that is not a sock!!

This is the back of my Fountain Lace Cardigan from Classic Elite.
And a close up of the lace panel.

I'm using some blue Cotton Ease from the stash. I've also finished the sleeves, but I didn't take a photo. Because of my yarn substitution, I had a different row gauge than the pattern. So, I reworked the sleeve increases, and I think that they came out well, although the proof will be in the seamed garment.

I'm planning to rework the front too. I want a v-neck, not too low, with seed stitch edges. I have to decide how to do this -- if I want to knit the buttonbands separately or attached, and also how high to make the v-neck and how to work the decreases there.

So, I'm putting this on hold until I have time to swatch and do the maths. I'll probably come back to it next weekend.

Hopefully, I will work on some socks until then! My recent absence from the blogosphere has been due to some coaching demands. We had a big regional meet this weekend in Albany, NY -- teams from all of New England, as well as the eastern half of NY, not including Long Island. The meet went pretty well, and we will take 36 girls to the Age Group National Championships in Seattle next month. This is a HUGE number of girls, and a team record! I think the next largest showing from our region is a team with 23 girls. So, we are going to be BUSY next month too!

5 Comments:

  • That's turning out quite nicely. I like the V-neck idea, too!

    By Blogger Beth S., at 1:13 PM  

  • Congrats to you and your team!!

    I REALLY like how this cardi is looking - the lace is wonderful.

    By Blogger Chris, at 2:40 PM  

  • Love that coloure! ANd lace panel! Hurry with that sleeves!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 PM  

  • Congratulations to your team! That is quite an accomplishment.

    Beautiful sweater ... is the blue that bright in person? Because I love it.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8:47 AM  

  • Congratulations!

    And the sweater is lovely.

    By Blogger Peevish, at 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home