aswim in knits

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fountain Finito

The Fountain Lace cardigan is done! I started this in April. So long ago that I had to go back and look in my archives to figure out the date!

I also have a new iMac at work, complete with a built-in camera and Photo Booth software. So, I can now sit at my desk and take self portraits. The quality isn't great, but I'll try to get the Mafia to take some real photo later. Until then, I just wanted to post this!!!

The back ...


And the front ...

Not the best photo, but you get the idea. Also, the yarn is a much brighter blue than appears here.

Project Specs:
Pattern: Fountain Lace Cardigan from Classic Elite
Yarn: Cotton Ease
Needles: Addi Turbos, size 6 and 7
Gauge: I think the st st parts are about 19-20 sts/in
Size: I followed the pattern for the 43" inch chest. I think my finished size is a little smaller, due to gague. I can't remember -- I did the math in April, and just followed my notes when I picked up where I left off.
Mods: Just a few -- subbed seed stitch instead of seed stitch rib. Changed the collar to a shallow v-neck. If I did it over, I'd make a deeper neckline. Didn't block it (gasp!) but it still looks pretty good :)

So, that means it's time to edit my "list of 5". Here it is --
  • a poncho for grandma
  • Denyse Schmidt potholders
  • Baudelaire socks for MIL's christmas gift -- I'm almost done the gusset on one, and about to start the gusset on #2. (I'll finish the heel shaping on one sock first, in case it is too big or small and I have to rip. Don't want to rip both!!0
  • another sewing project -- a notebook cover for a notebook for work
  • Cabled Seaman's scarf for FIL's Christmas gift. It will match the mittens I made him last year, and a hat that I made the year before.
I hope to finish the socks this month, and the poncho in October. Then, I will have 2 more gift projects to finish -- the scarf for FIL for Christmas, and a pair of socks for my boss, also for Christmas and that will be it! Then, I will again get to knit for MEEEEEE!

14 Comments:

  • It looks fantastic! Great job. :)

    Thanks for the comment regarding a sewing machine. :)

    By Blogger Samantha, at 11:01 AM  

  • Wow - that is just stunning!

    By Blogger Deb, at 11:31 AM  

  • Looks Great!

    By Blogger soapy, at 11:35 AM  

  • Absolutely GORGEOUS!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

  • Your sweater is lovely and looks great on.
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 PM  

  • Yeah, it looks great! Congratulations on finishing it! I'm so glad that you finally finished it, I've been watching. Enjoy it.

    By Blogger Jofrog, at 12:54 PM  

  • YAY! You're done, and it looks fab! :-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 1:23 PM  

  • it looks fantastic! very comfortable. how did you like working with cotton ease? i've often wanted to buy some off of ebay but i don't want to jump in blind.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 1:48 PM  

  • ha! excellent that you can take photos at work like that.

    sweater is lovely.

    By Blogger maryse, at 3:49 PM  

  • It looks fabulous!! Maybe you can drop by Yarn Harlot and help her with her new ibook... :)

    By Blogger Chris, at 6:00 PM  

  • Looks really great. Nice job!

    By Blogger Kathy, at 8:05 PM  

  • It looks great, Danielle. Nice job!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 PM  

  • It looks great on your. You did a good job on it!

    By Blogger Sydney Harper, at 1:11 AM  

  • Beautiful sweater! Congrats on finishing it! Hope to make next SnB...
    Sara

    By Blogger Bostonworkerbee, at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home