aswim in knits

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

77.4% complete

... but who's keeping track, now?

Here is the current state of the big orange baby blanket ...

Doesn't look so big there, huh? Well, if I hold the working edge at my waist ...

... the blanket hangs to my feet!

I'm into the 6th of 7 pattern repeats, so the end is in sight! This is ALL I have been knitting, with the exception of a little bit of Grandma's poncho.

For those who asked, the yarn is Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece ("Wild Orange" colorway), the pattern is the creatively named "Hearts and Stars" pattern from Zoe Mellor's book, Adorable Knits for Tots.

I will attempt to spare you from any more photos of the blanket until it is finished. According to my calculations, that's another 12.5 hours of knitting time. I hope to wrap this one up by Labor Day! Hmmm, what will I post until then...?

4 Comments:

  • I'm using the same yarn (albeit rather different colors) on the baby blanket I'm knitting!

    Go go go go go!

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:04 PM  

  • What a beautiful blanket. Where can I find the pattern?

    By Blogger Samantha, at 7:10 PM  

  • Hey - I have that book and I love that blanket! Although, I don't think I'm a good enough knitter to do that right now.

    The orange looks great and you're almost done!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM  

  • Love the orange baby blankie. I am just back from an Internet-less vacation so am catching up on blogs. See you soon!

    By Blogger Kathy, at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home