aswim in knits

Thursday, October 05, 2006

back-blog

Life goes on, as busy as it was last week. I have a little time to catch up today, so here's what's on the list of things to update:
  • fabulous swap exchanges, and other crafty gifts
  • charity knitting
  • new WIP's
  • progress on old WIP's
  • new office
  • search for a house
I definitely won't get through all of these today. So, let's start at the top ...

Swap-a-roonie and gift-a-palooza:

Remember these colorful jars? They have been sent off to live in new homes. In exchange, I got lots of good stuff.

Katie sent me some great fabric pieces, and three patterns too! I can't wait to use some of these -- especially the pink ones -- in some gifts I have planned. The bag patterns are perfect -- simple enough to add my own embellishments, if I want. And, a fun summer tank pattern ... with plenty of time left to make one for next year :)


Jennifer sent me some sock yarn. And, when I say "some sock yarn", I mean "lots of fabulous sock yarn that I cannot resist"... Sweet Georgia handdyed on top. Lorna's Laces in the middle. Claudia Hand Painted on the bottom. Drool. Some may be on its way to being a new WIP.

Chris sent me some black wool yarn, per my request. Bad blogger, I did not take any photos! But, I've used it in a project already. Photos soon...

Susan was one of the winners of my MDK giveaway. She got the ugly yarn! And yet, despite the retina-searing neon "yarn" that I sent to her, she still thought kindly enough of me to send me some vintage fabrics that she picked up in a farm sale in Oklahoma. How fabulous! The pink and orange one in the middle is in the EXACT colors that I was thinking of using to make a Hop, Skip, Jump quilt for my niece.


Autum sent me a collection of scraps from her bag-making and other sewing projects. She had a photo of her puppy sleeping in a basket of scraps, and when I left her a comment, she offered to send me "some pieces". Well, this was a whole box of scraps, some of which are huge, and enought to make a project on their own!! She also sent a cute handmade "quilted" patchwork card, and some ribbons and flower trim. These are definitely going to get used in some projects that I've been thinking about....

Thank you to all my generous bloggy buddies!!! I am so inspired by these presents. I can't wait to use the long weekend for some crafting.

And that's all the time I have today. More to come tomorrow.

5 Comments:

  • Those are some beautiful fabrics.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 1:17 PM  

  • wow! you are swimming in beautiful fabrics! ;) you'll have to change your blog name. hehehe.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 1:34 PM  

  • Those are beautiful fabrics. And I hoped you like the Sweet Georgia-it didn't do anything for me, but somewhere, somehow it will find someone to love it!

    Jennifer
    jennanndavis@gmail.com
    itisrocketscience.typepad.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 PM  

  • Wow, you've already used that yarn in a project?? Now I'm really curious!

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:55 PM  

  • You got some nice yarn and fabrics!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home