aswim in knits

Friday, October 13, 2006

eh

Eh. That's how I'm feeling.

I knit some socks. The yarn is nice -- Sweet Georgia Handdyed. But the socks are just eh. Boring. Stockinette. Maybe should have been knit tighter.

And I had problems with holes at the corner of my short-row heels, and weird laddering at the place where my Magic Loop changes from one side to the other. Not ladders between stitches, but one stitch is looser than the others and has a ladder right between the two sides of the "V" of the stitch. WTF?


Project Specs:
Yarn: Sweet Georgia, superwash sock, color "Fondant"
Needle: size 1 Addi Turbos
Gauge: 8 sts/in
Pattern: Toe up, short row toes and heels 60 st circumference

I'm working on some other socks (Baudelaires). They're boring me too. Photos maybe tomorrow, as I only have 16 rounds left, and 4 ends to weave in...

I want to make some Koigu socks for me (from stash). But, I'm afraid they will suck. I need my sock mojo back!

6 Comments:

  • Didja wash 'em yet? That might help with the "ladders"--even out the fabric a bit.

    The color is certainly gorgeous. :-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 4:35 PM  

  • Try grabbing a stitch compilation book and making up your own pattern. You've knit enough socks to know how many stitches you need to use. Maybe if it's your own pattern, you'd be more interested.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 6:25 PM  

  • I can't imagine the Baudelaires boring you, but Dorothy is right ... you could design your own socks. That'll bring the interest up a notch or two. And we know you could do it!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 7:03 PM  

  • They are cute! But, I'm feeling eh about my knitting too these days -- maybe it's the busy Fall!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 AM  

  • mmm, i'm knitting with sweet georgia too! i love the swirls on your socks :)

    i always pick up stitches between my short row heel and the main part of the sock before i rejoin to knit again. this closes up any holes. but i knit top-down usually so this is easier.

    definitely wash them. that outta close up those weird ladders!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 8:54 AM  

  • The swirls on those socks are wonderful! Bummer that they and the B. socks are bumming you out... I've heard good things about this short-row heel - maybe that would help?

    By Blogger Chris, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home