aswim in knits

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

pup-tacular Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was wonderful. We ate turkey. Mashed potatoes. Cookies and pies. Roasted brussel sprouts. Plum pudding. Lasagne. Most, but not all, at the same meal.

We slept in -- until 9:00 or later! -- four days in a row.

We played with nieces, watched TV, and hung out with family.

We also measured dogs for sweaters ...

That's Aza Boo, the 5-pound pomapoo (pomeranian/poodle cross), and my mother in law. Boo is wearing a teddy bear sweater that doesn't cover her backside. So, my knittin'-MIL decided that we need to outfit the pup with some new handknit duds that are designed for dogs. Would it be wrong to use Baby Cashmerino for a dog?

And welcomed a new dog into the family.

This is Amber, a purebred Golden Retriever, who is now living with my in-laws. She was formerly a show dog, but apparently is just too laid back to be a good show dog. But, that makes her a great family dog! My MIL is also planning to train her to be a therapy dog -- Mim is the director of health care for an order of nuns.

Thanks to a box of Milk Bones, Amber is my new buddy. She might just get some of Ace's Favorite Cheesy Dog Biscuits for Christmas! (And, if I find time, her very own pooch blankie...)

11 Comments:

  • Oh what a sweetie! I absolutely adore goldens. I really, really want one, maybe someday. They are definitely good therapy dogs. I've never met a mean one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 PM  

  • Oh, Amber is beeee-utiful. Can I snorgle her??

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 5:12 PM  

  • Amber looks wonderfully mellow!

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:47 PM  

  • Aww, so cute! There's a new doggie gift shop at the Burlington Mall in case you don't have time to bake doggie treats.

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:27 AM  

  • doggies!!! i love a post with dogs in it :) gets me every time.

    sounds like your thanksgiving was a good time! sleeping in really does the trick.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 11:47 AM  

  • There is no yarn too good for a precious puppy like that one. :)

    By Blogger Jena, at 12:24 PM  

  • Everyone's excited about the dog (and yeah, she's adorable!), but my eye went directly to the plum pudding recipe. ;-) I LOVE me an authentic plum pudding. ("authentic" = "full of booze")

    By Blogger Beth S., at 12:49 PM  

  • Amber looks like a nice friendly, mellow dog. I hope it works out for her to be a theapy dog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 PM  

  • ooo. amber's pretty!

    By Blogger Bostonworkerbee, at 4:54 PM  

  • ohhh how sweet!

    By Blogger soapy, at 12:01 PM  

  • She is a very beautiful dog. Aza Boo is so cute too.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home