aswim in knits

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Socks and YFC

Wow. You know that you are a boring blogger when you post a photo of a sock that has only grown by a few inches since its last photo.




So, let's pretend that I am instead posting a photo of my new sock-knitting bag. This gold bag is part of a lavendar-scented gift set from Crabtree and Evelyn -- 2 lotions and a shower gel. The bag, which looks like silk dupioni, is just the right size for some socks in progree and a photocopied pattern. Très chic.

In other news, I signed up for Rebekah's Yarn Focus Challenge, which nicely complements my efforts in KFYS2007. The short description is that from Jan 15 to April 15, participants don't buy any new yarn. Everyone sends enough yarn for a pair of socks to Rebekah, and at the end of the 91 days, she divides up the sock yarn between all the participants who "stayed on the wagon" for 91 days. Also, participants will each knit one chemo cap during that time and donate it to a cancer center where her husband is undergoing treatments. Sounds like a good way to stay focused -- I might win some yarn!

Oh yeah, a few "before" photos have been posted over at the "Thom and Danielle Buy a House" blog. I'll be posting a room at a time, I think. And "after" photos when we are all moved in :)

4 Comments:

  • Thanks for posting about the YFC.

    The sock looks good at least! I haven't even posted current knitting project pictures. I guess I need to do that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • With everything you're doing on the house, I would be surprised if you'd done more knitting!

    By Blogger Chris, at 6:22 PM  

  • Well if it makes you feel better, I've resorted to posting sock progress. You've got a good excuse though. You're buying a house.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 AM  

  • Eh, it's a long leg - you're allowed lots of progress pics!!! The house blog is a great idea. I used to live in that area - just outside of Newburyport. The Merrimack River is such a great river - so pretty!! Enjoy the house!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home