aswim in knits

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

garter rib socks - done!

The socks, they be done.


Project specs
Pattern: Garter Rib socks from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Schaeffer Anne
Needles: Size 0 Addi Turbo, 40", Magic Looped
Gauge: about 9.5-10 sts/in, I think
Pattern Mods: None. Nice basic socks.
Comments: Toes are a leeetle bit too long, but not tragically so. I did NOT rip and reknit.

This was a UFO for a long time. Well, the first sock was done, but I succumbed to Second Sock Syndrome and never knit the second sock. I started them sometime last winter. Boy, am I glad to have them done!

My next socks are some [big] [boring] grey socks for the hubby. But, I think he'll like them lots, so I shall knit them, despite the sheer boredom factor of grey stockinette.

5 Comments:

  • They are lovely!! And a little long gives you some wiggle room. ;)

    The grey socks may be boring, but won't they go fast at least?

    By Blogger Chris, at 5:34 PM  

  • Those are beautiful! I haven't used that yarn before, might they snug up just a touch when they get washed? They hardly look loose at all.

    My hubby loved his Log Cabin socks so much that he asked for more of those. Since he's got size 12 feet I was thrilled he liked the fat yarn on big needles socks!

    By Blogger Julie, at 5:44 PM  

  • heh, i know all about boring socks for the hubby. i also knit some this past year and referred to them as the grey blobs for months.

    love these socks you finished though! they look comfy.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 7:05 PM  

  • Yay! I've never knit with Anne, and I'm kind of curious about it. It looks so fine and thin in the skein, but your socks seem to be as substantial as any--and I like the way they striped! Very pretty. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM  

  • Yay! (And nice photo.) Do the grey blobs have to be stockinette? Can't sneak any cables in there? Or make something nice and manly like a herringbone or the Pine Tree pattern?

    By Blogger Nadira, at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home