aswim in knits

Monday, July 09, 2007

Sock-a-pal-progress


Saucy sock
Originally uploaded by aswiminknits
I'm knitting a pair of Saucy socks for my Sockapalooza pal. She was pretty open to almost anything, with a request that the socks not be too loud, too lacy, or in faux fair isle yarns.

I picked this yarn for its subtle variegations and machine washability. The color is "zinfandel" and the yarn is Hand Jive from Nature's Palette. I'm really enjoying knitting with it -- soft, not too splitty, and the color is yummy. I've got two socks complete through the gussets, so I'm getting close to the end!

The pattern is a fun one -- just enough lace and a cable every 2 rows so that I don't get bored, but not so complex as to require a chart. The EOP heel flap looks great with the subtle shadings, and the toe looks like it will be a new one for me!

I hope my pal likes these as much as I do :)

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

  • I have been suffering agonies of indecision when it comes to my Sockpal socks. After countless false starts, I think I've hit on a good combo.

    Yours are just lovely ... I love that deep blackberry color.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 5:22 PM  

  • Those are absolutely gorgeous! They just went on my "to knit" list.

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:08 PM  

  • Very pretty! I'm sure your pal will love them!

    By Blogger Chrissy, at 8:18 PM  

  • Hey, if she doesn't like 'em, I'll take 'em. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 AM  

  • Oh that's such a pretty thing!

    By Blogger Julie, at 4:43 PM  

  • lookin' very nice!

    By Blogger Jofrog, at 10:19 PM  

  • That looks like a great pattern, and I'm sure your pal will love them!
    trish
    www.randomthreads.com

    By Blogger Trish, at 10:55 PM  

  • That pattern resembles the Monkey Sock pattern a little bit. However, it is even more feminine. I haven't heard of that yarn before. I'll have to write it down.....although, as I enter my stash into Ravelry I am quickly realizing that I need NO MORE sock yarn! :)

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 2:09 PM  

  • wow! looks great!

    By Blogger Bostonworkerbee, at 2:10 PM  

  • Ooh! Pretty! This will do nicely. A sock without (much) purling! Just my style.

    By Blogger haddy, at 6:17 PM  

  • I found a great source for the steel crochet hook we were talking about to apply beads. Check out Earth Faire online ... good price also.
    http://earthfaire.com/product_info.php?products_id=402

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 5:47 AM  

  • Those socks are beautiful - the pattern and the yarn.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home