aswim in knits

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

more socks -- Spey Valley


Spey Valley start
Originally uploaded by aswiminknits
I have stuff in progress that I should be knitting, and non-knitting stuff I should be doing. (Alumni research paper? What alumni research paper? I don't see an alumni research paper. Do you see an alumni research paper? No alumni research paper here. Move along now, folks).

Instead, I started a new sock. This is the Spey Valley pattern from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. I've made other socks from this book (Whitby, Friday Harbor) and coveted still more (New England, Traveler's Stocking, Conwy ...).

I had to start a new sock. I'm going to hear the Yarn Harlot speak on Thursday night. What self respecting knitter goes to hear the Harlot without a sock in hand??

The yarn is a roughly sport-weight tweed from Regia. The socks are for my father in law. For Christmas. Excuse me while I go pat myself on the back.

Who else is going to see the Harlot in Burlington?

Back to work.

8 Comments:

  • Have fun at the Harlot. I can't be there, it conflicts with dragon boat practice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 PM  

  • Uhm, that would be me... I did think about starting a sock just to bring with but I think a sock would just do me in right now. So I'm covering my lack of sock with a cute baby. (And the slowly coming along Thermal.)

    By Blogger Erin, at 4:42 PM  

  • I'm really dying to start a sock to bring with but since my sister's bday is mid-month I'd better get crackin' on her pressie. I did trek out to buy yarn for it this morning which turned out rather longer than expected since the close store didn't have the colors I needed. I did eventually find them. I will be there Thursday night, possibly meeting at 5:30ish at Pappa Razzi nearby with Kate/Minisoup if you care to join us (and haven't already been asked by her since she's the ringleader).

    By Blogger Julie, at 4:46 PM  

  • Excellent rationalization!

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:01 PM  

  • You're going to Yarn Harlot on Thursday? I'm going to Yarn Harlot on Thursday! Yipee!!!!!!! AND, it's my birthday, how awesome is that? Oh, and lovely sock, absolutely needed a new sock:)

    By Blogger Meghann, at 9:20 PM  

  • I won't be there but a blogging friend from NH will be. If you bump into a Sara Brockunier from http://fabricnfiberfanatic.blogspot.com/ give her a shout. She'll be meeting up with me in Salem on Friday ...

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 11:13 AM  

  • Z and I will be there...and probably Coldstone Creamery afterward!

    By Blogger Katie, at 12:19 PM  

  • I enjoyed knitting the Spey Valley Sock and hope it is a fun knit for you, too!

    Congratulations on your Alumni paper. Very interesting! That is probably the reason I never contributed to my alma mater. I enjoyed the university but had a couple 'broken heart' experiences that made me not want to look back...LOL

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home