aswim in knits

Friday, July 20, 2007

socks on blockers

A couple of days ago, I blocked my Saucy sockapalooza socks.

This photo shows off the yarn, and the beautiful subtle variegations. The socks look a little slouchy in the photo, but only because I was in a rush to leave the house, and didn't "pose" them very well!

saucy socks on blockers

You can see the tops of my new sock blockers in the photo. Here's a full-on shot:


These came as a gift from Becky at Leggy Creations. I nominated my good buddy the Mafia for a prize in a contest on Becky's blog, and she won! But, Becky was so super nice, she mailed us not one, but TWO pairs of sock blockers -- one for the Mafia and one for me. Wow!!

Becky sells beautiful handmade sock blockers. The quality is wonderful -- each has a unique design and is made of smooth, high-quality wood, with a substantial clear protective finish. I threaded some yarn loops through the holes on top, and I hang them up on a shower curtain rod or a door frame, on a plastic hanger with lingerie hooks, in order for the socks to dry. I can't wait to keep using these!

Edited to add: I really want to buy this. But I have so much in the stash and such a limited amount of time. Yes, I know it falls under the "sock yarn" exception to "Knit From Your Stash". But I don't need it, I just waaaant it. And I have other stuff that I need to spend money on ... But it's beautiful, semisolid (I'm really getting away from sock yarns that are multicolored). And handdyed="won't be produced again". Argh!!!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • I love that color too!!! Buy it and save me from adding it to my own stash:)

    By Blogger Meghann, at 12:14 PM  

  • Congrats on winning the sock blockers! And on the pretty, pretty socks.

    By Blogger Chris, at 2:27 PM  

  • I didn't take the yarn you wanted, but I might have slipped and bought different yarn from that seller, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT. But I'll probably keep reading your blog. ;)

    By Blogger Kim, at 7:30 PM  

  • Hi. My name is Stitchingnut and I'm a shopalcoholic. But not today! I left it for you ... Bwah ha ha, go for it.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 12:15 PM  

  • I am so glad you are enjoying the blockers! Thank you for the wonderful post.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home