aswim in knits

Sunday, July 22, 2007

gifties for Liam

One of my buddies from college is having her first baby any day now. So, I whipped up a hat and booties for Liam, the baby, this week.



Project specs:
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino light blue (202) and gray blue (207).
Needles: bamboo DPNs, size 4 and 5
Gauge: 6 sts/in (hat) and slightly smaller for booties
Pattern: my own pattern for the hat, and Ruth's Perfect Baby Booties* for the booties.

My friend liked them, and I now hope that they will still fit when cold weather comes along in the fall!!

* The pattern for the booties had several errors. I like how the finished product looks, but beware of the mistakes if you make this! I tried to contact the person who wrote the pattern, but no reply. Also, the pattern is designed to be knit flat. I did mine in the round where possible.

Update: The pattern has been corrected!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • So cute! Liam is a lucky boy.

    Another bootee pattern to try is Fiber Trend's Baby Basics ... they look much like the ones you just knit, except that they are designed to be knit in the round. The pattern gives ribbed and lace cuff versions.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8:11 AM  

  • They're both so cute! Nice job. I saw a documentary the other night about Syncho swimming and thought of you. It was on PBS. I think it was POV or one of the documentary shows. It was fascinating.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 9:57 AM  

  • cuter than a bug's ear.

    hmmmm whatever that means ;)

    By Blogger maryse, at 11:11 AM  

  • Such a beautiful little set!!

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 12:10 PM  

  • So sweet!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 PM  

  • Really cute!

    By Blogger Chris, at 6:22 PM  

  • Adorable! Lucky baby...

    By Blogger 5elementknitr, at 9:01 PM  

  • super cute! I have to figure out what to make my cousin (who is having his first baby - a boy) this winter. Unfortunately they live in rather warm Arizona. I'm thinking maybe a cotton blanket, or maybe a cool toy since the baby's grandmother is an amazing quilter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home