aswim in knits

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

welcome, baby Amalia

Just about a month ago, my childhood best friend had her first baby, a little girl named Amalia.

(Look at that fuzzy little head!)

Of course, some handknits were in order.


Project specs:
Pattern: Sirdar 1564, "Round neck cardigan with frill edges"
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, 2.5 skeins, in color 007 (I think)
Needles: Size 5 and size 3 Addi Turbos
Gauge: 22 sts/in in stockinette, I think
Posted to Ravelry.

I'm almost at the end of the Spey Valley socks (just one toe left to graft, and ends to weave in), so perhaps there will be another FO soon. However, since grad school classes start tomorrow night, don't expect a lot of knitting to happen this fall. Or spinning. Or blogging. Or blog commenting. Or housecleaning. Gah.

Oh, and I just heard from my Sockapalooza pal, who tells me that my socks are finished, and just need to be blocked and mailed, which should happen early next week due to a business trip next week. Perfect -- that will be just in time for fall weather and sock season :)

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

  • What a beautiful sweater! It flew off the needles so quickly that I didn't even have a chance to fondle it. Good choice though, based on what you've told me of the childhood-BF.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 2:53 PM  

  • I just saw this in Ravelry. It's beautiful. I love Sirdar patterns! Do you have a place you buy them locally? I only know one place and I don't shop there any more.

    By Blogger Jofrog, at 3:38 PM  

  • Adorable sweater. Good luck with grad school.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

  • What an adorable little sweater for a darling little girl. I love the little ruffly edges and I'm always fond of cashmerino. Nice job!

    By Blogger Julie, at 3:48 PM  

  • What a beautiful sweater! I think I need to make one for my future (Dec) grand-daughter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 PM  

  • So, so pretty. I will be on the lookout for that pattern.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 4:41 PM  

  • Oh no! We forgot to take pics of the little sweater after Tess's! It looks like you got a good one there though. It's such a cute little top!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 PM  

  • What a cute sweater - it'll look perfect on the cute baby.

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:57 PM  

  • Great sweater for such a cute baby!

    By Blogger Manise, at 11:26 PM  

  • Super cute! Perfect for a little girl.

    By Blogger Meghann, at 8:03 AM  

  • Lucky little baby girl! Such an adorable cardi and I bet it is oh so soft in Cashmerino!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 AM  

  • Awwwwwww. and what a beautiful sweater for such a beautiful little girl.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 PM  

  • I love that cardi! The baby is cuter though. No knits can compete with that kind of cuteness. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 PM  

  • The sweater is beautiful! Perfect baby color. I'm glad your pal is in the running here to deliver socks. Something cool to look forward to!

    Do an occasional WIP post...just a picture will do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home