aswim in knits

Friday, August 10, 2007

checking in

Yo. I'm still alive.

SCHOOL:
I finished class and turned in the paper. (For those of you who inquired about the results of the survey ... not surprisingly, alumni who were satisfied with their college experience are more likely to give money to their alma maters. It took us 5 weeks and many hours, but we have now "proved" that what seems like common sense is indeed true.) Also, Turtle won the blog contest. I'm still putting together her prize, but I promise to send it soon!

FRIENDS:
My best friend from college is here for a visit. We've shopped, visited our alma mater, shopped, eaten, shopped, watched TV via Netflix, shopped, and tomorrow night, we're going to see baby Liam. Oh yeah, and we even went yarn shopping at Windsor Button. (4 skeins of Baby Cashmerino, for another new baby, in case you were wondering.) And, in further proof that I pick friends with good taste: Rosie knows nothing about yarn, and immediately walked towards the Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn and fondled it.

KNITTING:
Yep. Still doing some of that. Socks. Picture the same but longer.

SOCKAPALOOZA:
Still need to ship mine out. They've been done forever, but I can't seem to get my shit together to get them mailed out with pressies. I heard from my pal, and mine are still being worked on. It makes me feel better that I don't yet have mine, or I would feel really bad about not having mailed the ones to my pal yet!! (P.S. -- Pal, no hurry to finish mine! You kindly offered to send a little gift with the socks. Really, I'm very easy to please, so I'm sure anything you want would be great. Of course, knitting and sewing doo-dads are always fun. I also love little food gifts. Local foods, different types of jams, gourmet goodies like what they sell here, etc.!)

PHOTO:
And, because no blog post is complete without a photo, here's a cute one of my niece Jane that was published in her local newspaper (some library event thing, I think).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Hmm. Jane appears to be making a bit more noise than is usually permitted in the stacks... ;-) I bet that was good, subversive fun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • Oh, cute picture!! You sound busy, but hopefully in a good way. :)

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home