aswim in knits

Thursday, August 30, 2007

greens and blues

Green and blue, that seems to be the theme of my fibery stuff right now.


Above: Dream in Color yarn (Smooshy sock yarn) in the Beach Fog colorway. Because Lucia practically forced me to buy it. (At the Woolpack in Littleton, in case anyone local is looking for a pusher ...)


Spey Valley socks for the father-in-law Christmas gift. Regia 6-ply. Size 2 needles.


Thom modeling the socks for me. The observant among you will note the funny position of his toes. He was eating breakfast in his skivvies this morning, minding his own business, when I made him try the socks on. I told him that if he let me take a photo, I promised not to blog him in his underwear. Again. The photo above captures him flipping me off with his middle toe -- because his hands were busy with breakfast, and I was only looking at his foot anyways. Yes, we believe that he is part monkey.

mystery fiber

Some spinning. Yarn that was labeled "50% mohair, 50% sheep". I got it with my drop spindle 2+ years ago. I dyed it with food coloring earlier this month. It's not terribly fun to spin! The fiber is not easy to draft. It might have felted slightly while dyeing. And it has bits of straw, etc. in it. And little fibery clumpy bits (neps?). But, I love the colors, and I want some more practice navajo plying on something I don't particularly care about. So, I'll finish spinning this, and then ply it.

*****

FYI -- I have not received my Sockapalooza socks yet, although I'm happy to report that my pal got the ones I knit for her!

*****

I still have some stuff left in my stash sale. There are two ways to check out the goods --
Click over to my stash sale set
or
check out my trade/sell page on Ravelry

End of story for today.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

  • I hope you get your socks soon!

    My husband can flip me off with his toes, too.

    By Blogger Knitopia, at 8:08 PM  

  • You DID NOT just tell me I can get Dream in Color local! My hubby's going to kill me!

    By Blogger Meghann, at 8:55 PM  

  • Thanks a lot, Danielle. I did not need to know that Dream in Color is local. Not good. :-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:50 PM  

  • Littleton, CO by any chance? If so, I'm not too far from you!

    The Dream in Color is lovely.

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 10:29 PM  

  • Quite a talented husband you've got there :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 AM  

  • I find mohair is almost always hard to draft. it's like velcro. That bobbin you've spun up looks so good though, such vibrant colors!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 AM  

  • I've yet to try Dream in Color - but I WILL soon!
    I made Spey Valley for Dave and he wears them all winter. I love the color of yours!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM  

  • Thom's a good sport, obscene foot gestures notwithstanding. ;-)

    And you're right on target with the Navajo plying. Spin something you don't care about and use every inch of it while you learn! ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

  • Oh, sure, blame it all on me.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 7:22 PM  

  • I always have trouble spinning mohair too. I love the Dream in Color yarn!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 AM  

  • I hope your Sockapalooza socks arrive soon! That Dream In Color is indeed wonderfully smooshy - any big plans for it?

    By Blogger Chris, at 12:36 PM  

  • Your socks are complete - they just need a wash and block, and will be on their way:) I'm traveling for work this week, but hopefully early next week!

    --Your hopelessly late sock pal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home