aswim in knits

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

greens and blues, part II

A while ago, it looked like most of my knitting/spinning/fiber acquisition was focused on things that were green or blue. I never posted about what became of those things. Here's a quick roundup:

This bobbin of singles ...

mystery fiber

Became this skein of chain-plied yarn.
handspun mohair/sheep
(144 yards of worsted or aran weight, I think)

This sock ...
Spey Valley, modeled

Became this pair of socks ...
Spey Valley

Spey Valley
Project Specs:
Pattern: Spey Valley, from Knitting on the Road
Yarn: Regia Tweed 6ply from Webs
Gauge: 6.5 sts/in
Needles: size 3 for the top of the leg, size 2 for the lower leg and feet
Size: Men's size 12 1/2 wide
Posted to Ravelry

These will be a gift for my father-in-law for Christmas.

And this skein of sock yarn ...
Dream in Color Smooshy

... became stash :)

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

  • Great socks! I love that smooshy! So many colors... so little time huh?

    By Blogger Jess, at 5:48 PM  

  • LOL! Stash:) I love the green socks, I'm thinking about making some socks for my dad for Christmas, that might be a good pattern!

    By Blogger Meghann, at 10:06 PM  

  • Lovely. I did know we shared color interests. You should get on Manise's mailing list. She sends me notification of great blues around the blogiverse.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:17 AM  

  • Wow, great job on the chain plying! Looks good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 AM  

  • ove the yarn, socks, and stash :)

    By Blogger spajonas, at 8:39 AM  

  • The socks look great! And I love the colors in the yarn you spun.

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:43 AM  

  • Beautifully spun yarn, nice socks and good stash acquisition, too!

    By Blogger margene, at 10:02 AM  

  • Beautiful socks, lovely spinning and nice stash addition! I have to get me some smooshy.

    By Blogger CrazyFiberLady, at 3:51 PM  

  • Very nice chain plying! I need to learn to do that. The socks are great also -- is that a 4x2 rib? And the lovely Smooshy, an excellent job of enabling by... someone.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home