aswim in knits

Friday, September 28, 2007

sock sacks and woolly gatherings

Well, it seems like you liked the sock sacks that I posted yesterday! Thanks for the compliments.

Since several of you mentioned that you would want to buy one if they were available for sale, I'm considering making some to sell, to augment the wheel fund.

Here's the deal, though ... I work full time, and go to grad school (50% of full time schedule). And I coach 6+ hours per week. And I have a 90 minute+ commute to work. Which is to say that my crafty time at home is limited -- I do most of my knitting while carpooling to work (Thom drives in the morning, the longer leg of the commute!), or at lunch, or in the late evening before bed.

So, I'm going to make some bags when I have time and post them for sale, here or through Etsy, when I get around to it. I won't be able to take many custom requests. Of course if I know you in person or online, and you are really damn charming, I'll probably bend that custom request rule just a bit :)

sock sacks
sacks I have sewn

In fact, I may be at the sewing machine this weekend. I just found out that the school assignment that I thought was due on October 24 has been moved to the 31st. Therefore, I may find myself at a certain well known sheep and wool gathering later this month. In which case, I may want some extra cash on hand!!! Let me know if I'll see you there. Umm, I mean IF I end up going ...

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

  • sweet on the assignment extension!

    By Blogger maryse, at 1:21 PM  

  • I figured you'd made my sock sack but wasn't 100% sure. Awesome. (I'm #6!)

    By Blogger Knitopia, at 3:20 PM  

  • I keep doing the math in my head to see if I could justify it in a busy month- If I left after swimming class and the girl sleeps the whole 3 hour drive in her carseat, and hotel rooms are $X and.... It would be fun!

    By Blogger Erin, at 3:21 PM  

  • Oh, very nice!! I wanna go to Rhinebeck so bad, but I don't think I can swing it this year:(

    By Blogger Meghann, at 4:21 PM  

  • Knowing how you get a lot of school work done every Friday night at the library , I think it's a fairly good assumption that you'll be at Rhinebeck- Woo Hoo! Besides the duo in #2, the stained glass looking #6 also has my attention *ahem*

    By Blogger Manise, at 5:50 PM  

  • The bags are great!

    I wish I were going to Rhinebeck, but alas, not this year. Hopefully, next year. I'll just have to live vicariously through all of you who go :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 PM  

  • all of those bags look really cute! heck, if you can sell some to augment the wheel fund then you might as well. but please enjoy yourself! :) sounds like you're a busy bee.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 7:44 PM  

  • Woo hoo HOO! Two fortysomethings, two 11-year-olds and one gorgeous babe will be pleased to see you there.

    I like the pink-and-orange floral pattern.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 8:49 PM  

  • OMG! I was just saying to my self this mornin, "I wish I could buy a project bag like ASWIM makes! I'm too lazy to make my own, and then I would be working on multiple projects, whcih as you know is very bad for me"

    I'll def buy one.

    By Blogger Bostonworkerbee, at 12:42 PM  

  • Pretties! I need another bag like I need more yarn, but you're tempting me...

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home