aswim in knits

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

squarely done

Moirae is collecting mitered squares for Afghans for Afghans. Since I just acquired a copy of Mason-Dixon knitting in a Ravelry trade, I thought I'd whip up a few squares for her.

mitered squares

I'm not sure if you can tell, but the top square is smaller than the other two, even though I used the same yarn and needles, and knit all three squares one after the other. Crappers. Oh well, it's pretty close, and I'm sure it will come out OK in the seaming. This is why I knit two socks at once, two sleeves at once, two cardi fronts at once, two mittens at once ... you get the idea.

This was a little side project in between two big sweater projects. Photos of sweaters to come when I have daylight again.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Very nice! I have a few squares to do myself...

    By Blogger Lucia, at 3:37 PM  

  • Interesting. Since I'm about to say that doesn't happen to me, it is about to happen to me.

    Were the mitered squares fun?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 AM  

  • Very nice, I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference had you not pointed it out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home