aswim in knits

Sunday, December 07, 2008

can't talk, busy knitting

Silly me decided to knit Christmas gifts for all 4 parents this year. I'm not sure how that's going to work out, but here are some sneak previews:

Socks for my dad:
socks that rock for a dad who rocks (by aswim in knits)

A lined hat for my mom (click through to Flickr for details):
hat for mom (by aswim in knits)

Socks for my MIL:
I think I need to buy yarn for these. See, she's a sock knitter too, so I want to make sure to use something really nice. And then I need to choose a pattern! Hmmm...

Mittens for my FIL:
These ones were a well-received gift 3 years ago, but apparently he doesn't wear them much because he's afraid of ruining them! I'm thinking of a pair of simple stranded mittens. Maybe these, no pompoms? Any other suggestions?

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

  • Oh *lined*! I need to bone up on my patience, because lined knitted things are so much warmer. Your mom is a lucky lady to get that hat!

    By Blogger lauren, at 1:05 AM  

  • Good luck! Those first socks look like a familiar colorway. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 AM  

  • That's a lot of knitting in a small amount of time. Good luck!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:51 AM  

  • May you knit like the wind!

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:22 AM  

  • Oh man! Good luck getting all that done before Christmas! I'm only knitting *one* small honest to goodness Christmas gift and I'm not even sure that will get done in time!

    As far as stranded mittens go, I really like those, as well as the manly mitts from Knitty.

    By Blogger Bertha, at 10:12 AM  

  • LOL....I totally know what you mean...I still have 2 hats to make and a blanket to finish. I'm trying to knit at warp speed now:)

    I like the mittens!

    By Blogger Meghann, at 10:48 AM  

  • I'm impressed. I'm hoping I can finish a cowl by this weekend. (Bulky weight yarn I might add.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:25 PM  

  • and you're doing this in 2 weeks???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 PM  

  • i chose to knit for only two sisters-in-law this year. your dad and mom will love these!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 9:21 PM  

  • Holy cow, that's a lot of knitting! Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 PM  

  • The herringbone mittens are lovely; I too would dispense with the pompoms (even if knitting them for a woman).

    For warm and comfy socks that a guy won't be ashamed to wear I like a baby cable rib. That could work well for mittens too.

    (My verification string is fateru. Does it know I have chocolate next to the computer?)

    By Blogger Lucia, at 10:07 PM  

  • I have like 5 things going and none will be finished at this rate!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 6:58 AM  

  • Hopefully you will be knitting quickly without having to rip anything back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home