aswim in knits

Monday, October 26, 2009

Amy's yarn


Amy's yarn
Originally uploaded by aswim in knits
Dear Schacht,

Did you know that you can fit 7.75 ounces on a 4-ounce bobbin?

Here's what you need to make it work:
800ish yards of heavy laceweight yarn
1 WooLee Winder,
1 determined and competitive spinner
1 room full of friends *encouraging* me to make it happen and
1 MamaCate to manually turn the overly full bobbin for the last 4 yards or so.

So, Amy, here's an unbroken skein of about 800 yards for you. Have at it!

Love,
Danielle

10 Comments:

  • Too funny. Nice job!

    By Blogger Manise, at 2:37 PM  

  • I don't know what most of this means but it sounds and looks awesome.

    By Blogger Bertha, at 3:21 PM  

  • It's Mamcate that made the difference. Well done though, I didn't think it would work.

    By Blogger Juno, at 4:10 PM  

  • I love pulling off feats of skein-witchery like that! It looks GREAT.

    By Blogger NJStacie, at 4:51 PM  

  • Awesome feat but more important, the yarn is incredibly beautiful!!

    By Blogger knithound brooklyn, at 5:04 PM  

  • I love the color.

    BTW Danielle, remember when we all helped to put the squares together for Mafia's blanket? I loved the technique but haven't done it since. Could you explain it to me again ... or send me a link to a tutorial or a book? I've never seen it done quite like that anywhere and want to help with a donation the girls at our LYS store are putting together.

    Happy spinning (& knitting)

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 8:20 PM  

  • That is wonderful! Especially the Mamacate accessory.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:16 AM  

  • Great!! Cate provided the right karma, I'm sure!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:49 AM  

  • this makes my heart go pitter pat!

    By Anonymous Kristen, at 5:00 PM  

  • This iss great

    By Anonymous Wine Recipes, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home