aswim in knits

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a year in socks

I was surprised to see that I only knit 5 pairs of socks this year. I would have thought it was more than that. And only 2 were for me!

The year started with these socks:
yip.51: socks (by aswim in knits)
"Commissioned" by my mom for my sister-in-law's Christmas gift.
(Raveled here.)

Next came a pair of Monkey socks for my mother-in-law's Christmas gift. Finished in mumblety-May-mumblety. Oops.
monkey socks (by aswim in knits)
(Raveled here.)

Also finished in May were the Mystery Socks from Kirsten/Through the Loops. For me!
365.250: Look what I made! (by aswim in knits)
(Raveled here.)

Then, in early June, a pair of simple stockinette GREEEEEEEN socks for Kellee, as a thanks for several nice things she did for me.
socks for Kellee (by aswim in knits)
(Yep, Raveled over here.)

Then, after a sock dry spell of about 6 months, I finished this pair, for me:
new socks (by aswim in knits)
(Yo, over here, on Ravelry.)

I love my handknit socks. I'd like to make a few more pairs for myself in 2010. Maybe some from this yarn:
yip.52: a party for my feet (by aswim in knits)

It looks like I have at least 20 sock yarns in the stash. Let's get cracking, self.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

  • Well, you got 4 pairs more done than I did! :) I want to do more socks this year, too, especially after seeing all of your pretties from last year!

    By Anonymous sarah, at 11:21 PM  

  • Damn good. I would have to check the blog to see what I did, but I know production slowed W A Y down. You can dent that stash easily.

    By Anonymous Laurie, at 6:21 AM  

  • Well the ones you did knit are lovely. I like that handspun too. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 AM  

  • Wow, I only finished *one* pair of socks, and they were ones I started in the summer of 2008. 2009 was the Year of the Sweater, for me.

    The socks you did knit look great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:03 AM  

  • Only 20? hahahahahahahha

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:25 AM  

  • No no no! You will not make me want to knit socks. You hear?
    And also: that last yarn? I thought that was for ME.
    In a huff, JFrick.

    By Anonymous JulieFrick, at 8:50 AM  

  • The ones you did make were bee you tiful. Am waiting to see the other 16 as you go!

    If it gets tedious, do short pompom versions count?

    By Blogger Thea, at 8:53 AM  

  • Please make socks with that handspun or gift it to me!! beautiful!

    By Blogger haddy, at 9:14 AM  

  • EGADS the colors in that last yarn are amazing! I can't wait to see it in sock form.

    By Blogger lauren, at 2:07 PM  

  • Well it may be only 5 pairs of socks but they're all beautiful. I think I only finished one pair this year, maybe two. I've got another pair almost finished but they've been that way for months. :)

    By Anonymous Sydney, at 12:38 AM  

  • Oh I have craploads of sockyarn....more than enough to make more than one pair a week for a year. Ahem. But I finsihed not one single pair of socks this year. NOT ONE. I need to get crackin'!

    By Anonymous Jen (Purlgirl918), at 9:40 AM  

  • Your socks are all beautiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 AM  

  • I cannot wait to see that insanely awesome handspun knitted up!

    By Blogger Bertha, at 3:00 PM  

  • This is my kind of runway show. :)
    Sock with your handspun are no doubt going to be incredible. Can't wait.

    By Anonymous andi, at 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home