aswim in knits

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Still life with paperwork

Welcome to 2006. Not so very different from 2005, I dare say!

I worked last week, unlike a lot of people, but at least my office celebrated the New Year's holiday yesterday, so I got three day weekend. There was much knitting throughout the weekend. I still need to document a lot of it, so stay tuned for more details.

I do have a photo of one piece of fibery goodness, though. I got Thom, a.k.a. "The Amazing Husband Swift" to help me ball up a yummy skein of Schaefer Anne yarn. I think this is destined to be socks for me. Blues and greens are my favorites. Ahem, you probably already guessed that from the colors of the blog.

Anyways, I started to swatch on size 2 Addis, but quickly went down to size 1's. I'm getting 8 sts/in on size 1's, and the recommended gauge is 7-8 sts/in. I think I might have to go buy a size zero, because I think I might want the fabric a bit denser, to make the socks longer wearing. Maybe. I'll have to think about this.

The yarn came to work with me today, as I *needed* to take a photo in the daylight. The flash made the yarn look waaay brighter than reality. The colors in this photo are perhaps a bit lighter than in reality, but not too bad.



Apparently, this pile of paperwork would suggest that it's time to clean up my desk. Unfortunately, I'll be plugging away at this particular project for the better part of the next couple of days, so the pile is staying here for now! Sassy, this photo is for you ;)

Any suggestions for sock patterns? I was thinking about some Jaywalkers, but I feel like I've already knit them, after seeing so many great ones at Cara's KAL. So, I'm looking for something different. Something that will show off the beautiful colors of the yarn. Ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home