aswim in knits

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Preemie hats

Last month, I made a few preemie hats for the Knit Unto Others knit along. Due to travel, both at Thanksgiving and during the following weekend, and some technical glitches relating to my computer upgrade, I haven't posted any FO photos.

So, I now present to you, 3 hats for preemies, shown with a quarter for scale. And the leftover yarn.
DSCN0851-2

I'm going to give these to Risa to donate to the ICU where her cutie pie twins were born.

And, just in case you were curious as to what I used to pose these hats for their photo shoot, I present to you, "Hats on Fruit"... apparently, a preemie's head is about the size of an orange.
DSCN0852-2

Project Specs:

Pattern: Just a basic hat pattern. I referred to this one and some others for an idea about size, but just made up my own to fit my gauge.

Yarn: now discontinued Sandnes Garn "Mandarin Petit", variegated colorway 5200. All 3 hats from 1 ball, plus the leftovers in the left of the photo.

Gauge: 7 sts/in

Needles: Addi Turbos, size 4, I think. Magic Loop technique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home