aswim in knits

Monday, November 21, 2005

Red Socks finished!

I finished up Dad's Red Sox socks last night.

Here they are ...
DSCN0797-2

And here they are displayed with Mom's socks ...
DSCN0799-2

Wow, that's a whole lotta red stockinette!!

If you look closely, you can see that I made Dad's pair with afterthought heels. I was afraid I'd get bored and never finish if I had to knit 4 identical socks, so I tried a new technique. Plus, he can be kind of hard on socks, so with an afterthought heel, and a top-down construction, I can replace any heels or toes that wear out.

So, since I am now done with these, I am freed up to move on to other projects. What should I do next?
  • Pick a pattern for the red Cotton Ease that I have stashed to knit a sweater for me?

  • Finish my alpaca lace scarf?

  • Knit some hats and mittens for charity?

  • Koolaid dye some yarn (note to Thom -- please don't drink the Koolaid packets on top of the microwave!)?

  • Start a long-term knit shawl project?

  • Draft a pattern for the hat to match my scarf and gloves from last year?


Any guesses? Stay tuned tomorrow and I'll show you what I've started...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home