aswim in knits

Monday, October 24, 2005

Onward, toe!

The Broadripples have heels!

DSCN0731-2

Soon, they should have toes too! It felt like the heels took forever. But as I am looking at this photo, I am realizing that the whole heel construction -- from the heel flap through the end of the gusset -- accounts for about 1/3 of the sock. I always feel like the heel is such a small part of the sock, it should take no time at all. But, heels are bigger than I give them credit for being!

I would have knit more this weekend, but I cleaned my bathroom instead. Top to bottom, including floor washing, toilet scouring, and tub grout scrubbing (with toothbrush!). Heck, I even cleaned the hand soap dispenser and the toothbrush cup. I don't clean often, but when I do, I go all out!

I have to go grocery shopping and do laundry tonight. Other than that, I think I can knit all evening. TNT is showing 4 back-to-back episodes of Law and Order, so I should be all set.

Hmm, with that ambitious agenda, I'd better get going...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home