aswim in knits

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Socktoberfest socks!

Here are my Socktoberfest socks!

Technically I am considering them to be Socktoberfest socks even though I finished them on Sunday and didn't join Socktoberfest until Monday. But, they are socks, knit entirely in the month of October. And I had been thinking about joining Socktoberfest for a couple of weeks, but only got around to emailing Lauren yesterday. I think they should still count, right??

Anyways, these are the pair of Red Sox socks for my mom, which will be her Christmas gift. The design is based on the Red Sox logo, as she and my dad are big Sox fans.

THE LOGO
BOS_671

THE SOCKS
DSCN0699-2

THE SOCKS AS SEEN ON FEET
DSCN0695-2

Yes, those are my feet, and a little view of my polar bear pajama pants. The socks are a little small on me, since my mom's foot is a half size smaller than mine. And yes, I will wash them before gifting them!

I made the leg of the socks a little loose, which is good for comfort when lounging around and watching ball games on TV in the spring and fall. I made the foot snug enough to be comfortable under shoes, should she want to wear them around. After Christmas, I'll have to get a photo of mom wearing her Sox sweater, Sox pajama pants, and Sox socks, all handmade by me!

Project Specs:
Yarn: Plymouth Gjestal Silja superwash sock yarn
Needles: Size 3 Crystal Palace bamboo DPN's (no Addi in the right size for magic looping, unfortunately)
Gauge: 7 sts/in
Pattern: From the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns.
New Technique: Tubular cast-on.
Improved Technique: Grafting of toes -- looks pretty good to me this time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home