aswim in knits

Friday, October 14, 2005

new WIP's

I finally updated my sidebar to reflect my WIP list. I also updated my "in the queue" list.

At the moment, I only have 3 things going...

BROADRIPPLE SOCKS
I started a pair of Broadripples a long time ago. Maybe last spring? I made a mistake, so I put them down. I think I fixed the mistake, but then I never picked them up again. I even put them on stitch holders so I could use the needle for something else. I was working the 2 socks together, and this is how far I got ...
DSCN0664-2
I haven't moved them to the UFO category yet, since I really want to wear these socks and am on a bit of a sock kick at the moment. I hope to finish them up soon, before Thanksgiving if I get motivated!!!!

RED SOX SOCKS
I am making my parents matching socks for Christmas. They are both big Red Sox fans, so I am making them red and white socks that look like the ones in the Sox logo. I started them at the hotel in DC last weekend. I've got one finished.
DSCN0673-2
Look at the lovely tubular cast on ...
DSCN0675-2
And damned fine grafted toe ...
DSCN0674-2
I'm not too worried about "second sock syndrome" since #2 is on the needles and a couple inches are already complete. I'm more worried about "third and fourth sock syndrome". I might have to take a break between pair #1 and #2.

SNUGGLY SCARF
I also started a lurvely alpaca scarf while travelling. It is from yarn and a free pattern that I got at WEBS last fall. I thought it was about time it became a scarf. Ummm, pardon the flash.
DSCN0671-2
And, pardon the lack of flash. The true color is somewhere between these 2 shots.
DSCN0672-2
But, isn't that the cutest baby alpaca on the ball band? He's got a ball of yarn hanging from his teeth. Aww, I bought it just for that picture :) And because it is quite possibly the softest yarn I've ever pet. I just keep rubbing the scarf-in-progress against my neck. I've got about 23" done, and have not yet finished the first ball. I think 2 will make a scarf somewhere over 4 feet long, which should be fine. I bought 3 balls though. Any ideas of what to do with an extra 100 yards of baby alpaca brush, 3.5 sts = 1"?

BABY BOOTIES
So, not yet a WIP, but I will have to start soon on a pair of booties for another cousin having a baby. I think I will use the sample of Knitpicks sock yarn I wrote about in this post. As soon as I free up the needles that are currently in the Red Sox sock...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home