aswim in knits

Friday, September 23, 2005

All together now ...

Awwww! How cute....
DSCN0616-2

These are the little Koigu baby booties I whipped up for my mom's cousin's new baby boy. Super quick. I started at lunch on Tuesday and finished last night during the news.

Yarn: Koigu KPPPM. Variegated blues.
Pattern: Stay-on Baby Booties, from "Knitting for Baby" by Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas
Gauge: Ummm ... around 7 sts/in in st st. I think. They're so darn tiny and hard to measure!
Needles: Size 4 bamboo for bootie, and size 3 bamboo for icord ties.

I will certainly make more of these in the future -- mom's other cousin is due to have a baby any day now too. I may try to modify the pattern to use garter stitch for the soles only, and st st for the "bumper" and instep. We'll see how that works out...

This pattern was very well written. It was very wordy, though. However, it would be great for a new knitter, since everything is spelled out in great detail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home