aswim in knits

Thursday, September 08, 2005

in the lineup

Subtitle: no photos, but lots o' links.

I'm still plugging away on squares for my baby blanket. I've got 4 yellow, 4 orange, and 1 2/3 green ones. I hope to finish another green one tonight, and maybe one or two more this weekend. We'll see. Photos to come...

I'm now at the point in the project where I am ready to move on to the next one. I'm not sure what is next, but I feel like I am in a bit of a finishing mood.

So, I could finish the second Koigu sock (it's almost to the heel) or the Broadripple socks (which are not more than 1/3 finished). I've been bitten by the lace bug, so maybe the Broadripples would feed that frenzy. But, I also want to make a lace shawl.

WHAT??? I've never been a shawl-y girl. I like things plain and simple, not lacy and froo-froo. But, on my trip to Webs a few weeks ago, I bought the pattern for the Pacific Northwest Shawl. I also have the Interweave Knits with the pattern for the ubiquitous Flower Basket Shawl. Problem is, I don't have yarn for either and I promised that between now and the time Thom finishes grad school in May, the only yarn I would buy is for gifts, not for me.

Um, so I could make a lacy scarf in baby angora (have the yarn, and the pattern) or the Branching Out scarf in some dk or worsted weight red mohair (a gift from MIL's stash when I first learned to knit).

I also want to make a pair of Koigu baby booties for my mom's cousin's baby, due to be delivered tomorrow! I have the yarn and the pattern.

I could make the Scoop du Jour in some red Cotton-Ease, as I would very much like to own and wear this sweater. Yarn in the stash, pattern only $5 ... hey, it's a yarn diet, not a pattern diet!!!

Or, I could use my stash of Debbie Bliss Cotton Silk Aran to make a Trellis sweater, or a similar sweater jacket in one of DB's baby books I took out from the library. Got the yarn super cheap in a clearance bin over a year ago. It's a dusky purple color, and I love it, but don't really have enough for a project for me. If I make the sweater, there is no particular recipient in mind. I just like the yarn and pattern and will hang onto it until I know a baby girl in need of a gift.

Oh yeah, I also have a hank of Schaeffer Anne destined to be a pair of socks, and all the yarn for a Must Have Cardi for my mom. And a silly little secret project in mind for Thom, with yarn also in stash. And many odds and ends waiting to turn into squares for the John Glick blanket project or hats/mitts for the Dulaan Project. And some leftover Noro that wants to be a Multi-Directional Diagonal Scarf or maybe an Opptuna if there is enough left. And some white and pink and variegated pink and white yarn that might want to be a sweater for my niece Gracie. And some Cascade 220 to be a pair of gloves for my FIL's Xmas present. And some wool to make a hat for myself to match the gloves and scarf I made last winter.

That's at least 15 projects right there. See why I'm on a self-imposed yarn diet???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home