aswim in knits

Friday, August 19, 2005

afghan squares

Here are a few afghan squares I made for Annie's blanket project in memory of John Glick.
DSCN0504-2
DSCN0508-2

The green one is in Lamb's Pride worsted. I think the color name is Kiwi. The purple-ish one is in Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool in Boysenberry, which Christine so kindly ordered for me earlier this summer. The squares are currently getting their 15 minutes of fame over at Knitty Gritty.

The purple cable really should be set on a rev st st background for the cable to really POP, but I reversed it because I like the way that it fades into the st st. For some reason, it reminds me of a wave. I have no idea why, because when I look at the square, I cannot find one single objective reason that it should be considered wave-like. Eh, whatever. Still makes me think of waves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home