aswim in knits

Monday, August 15, 2005

Housecleaning

Or, more properly, "blog-cleaning". Although I did scrub (most of) my bathroom tub this weekend. But that's another post...

Using my extraordinarily limited HTML skills, I edited my blog template a bit. I tried to make things wider so that I can post bigger photos without screwing up my sidebar. Of course, in editing the template, I somehow ended up with some white space underneath the green of the sidebar. I can live with that, though.

So, just to see how things are looking, here is a picture of a baby blanket layout from my new copy of 200 Knitted Blocks. It's a snapshot of a page in a book, so I apologize for the poor quality.
DSCN0486-2

I'm thinking of modifying this pattern to have either smaller blocks with fewer pattern repeats in each, or larger blocks with more pattern repeats. The blanket as shown is 36 x 36 -- and that does not include any edging. I'm going to use this idea for Tracie and Chris' baby blanket, but I don't want it to be that big. And I don't have enough yarn to make it that big! I think I'm aiming more for of a stroller blanket size -- maybe 30 x 30. I'm also thinking of selecting only 2 lace blocks, one in green and one in apricot, and then making a yellow border and maybe crocheting the squares together in yellow to unify the whole thing. Argh, I still am not sure what to do!!

PLEASE ... if you have any suggestions about what kind of baby blanket to make with the yarn I got (see posts below), feel free to let me know!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home