aswim in knits

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Knitting run amok!

This is my coffee table.
DSCN0545-2

Oh yeah, and this is what the couch looks like.
DSCN0546-2

On the shelf under the coffee table, I have a hatbox. You know, round, with a lid and a little cord handle. Kind of like these ones. What's in my hat box? A pair of socks that have about half of each leg completed. Yarn for my winter hat. Yarn for some charity hats. Ummm ... some other odds and ends of yarn too.

To the left of the coffee table, I have a wicker basket for current WIPs. (See the white plastic bag? That's in the basket.) I have the extra yarn for the Big Pink Blob of a tshirt, and yarn for the baby blanket I will start next. Usually also another pair of socks -- pink/purple/blue Koigu. Except that in this photo, they are on the table instead of in their basket.

To the left of the couch, I have a long skinny rectangular basket. It's between the couch and the bookshelf. I'm not even sure what's in there ... I know I have a blocking towel and blocking pins, embroidery thread for buttons, labels, etc., labels that say "Handmade by Danielle", a drop spindle and some fleece, and a skein of Koigu that I got in a recent trade with Heather from Pixiestikz.

Why am I showing you all these? Last night, my husband said to me, "I think I'll clean the house while I have a week off next week." Uh oh! I guess I have to do some serious knit-related pre-cleaning first! Hopefully by Monday I will have nice clean surfaces again!! Then I can take some new photos and feel productive for having cleaned up :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home