aswim in knits

Monday, August 22, 2005

The BPB*

* Big Pink Blob ... this post alternately titled "stockinette stitch is boring, but fast, especially when watching the Law and Order: SVU marathon"

This is the sweater for Jane. The second try worked out much better than the first. The cast on seems to be looser, and working better. Now I'm into the very boring stockinette section for a while.
DSCN0538-2

On my monitor, this picture shows the sweater as obnoxiously bright pink. Oh wait ... it's obnoxously bright pink in real life too. I should have put in an item for scale, but the sweater is about 15" wide, althought it looks narrower here because it's squished up on its needle still. I'm less than 2" from the armhole shaping, so it should get slightly more interesting soon.

Here is a detail of the lace, which will also edge the sleeves. I blocked the right two lace points while I was ironing some clothes this weekend, and the lace pattern is so much more visible. When the whole thing is done, I will follow the Harlot's advice to "block severely."
DSCN0541-2

With any luck, I will have this done by the end of the week, I hope. I think it will be pretty cute. I feel like I should have used a bigger or more impressive lace pattern, but it's too late now. Not going to frog it again! I've been bitten by the lace bug, though. I think my next project, the lacy baby blanket for Tracie and Chris, will be a lot of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home