aswim in knits

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Pumpkin time of year

It's pumpkin time! Not these ones though.

I'm talking about these ones ...
DSCN0617-2

And these ones...
DSCN0621-2

MIT has a glass blowing lab, and every year they host the "Great Pumpkin Patch" as a fundraiser. Artists from the lab create 1000 pumpkins over the course of the year. Each is handblown and unique. The pumpkins are then put on display for an evening, and sold on the next day. I visited the display on Friday evening ... the pumpkins took up several loooong tables, and there was quite a crowd admiring them. From what I could see, the prices ranged from about $40 to upwards of $200. I might have to buy one next year!

I will leave you with a parting shot of one of my favorite pumpkins. Blue and green may not be the typical choice for a pumpkin, but I love the way the colors seem to be in motion.
DSCN0622-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home