aswim in knits

Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm back ...

I'm back from New York. The work-related stuff was ... well, it was work-related. Let's just leave it at that.

However, the knitting stuff is much more interesting! Do you remember the skein of pale purple Koigu in my last post? This is what I bought it for...


These little, toddler-sized socks went to Kaitlyn, for her baby girl, MJ (a.k.a. Baby Sassy!). MJ is only 2 months old. But, I figured that she probably did not need any wool socks in the summer time, so I made them a bit large so she can wear them in the winter, maybe even next year too.

These were a great project for conference knitting -- simple and quick! The purple is a lovely and ever-so-subtly variegated color, although you can't tell in this photo. It's the only photo I have, as my camera batteries died immediately after snapping that pic. Props to the Club Quarters hotel for supplying irons with a fully-functional steam setting, so that I could give these a quick steam block before gifting.

Friday night, I met up with the Spiders at The Point, where I got to meet Kaitlyn "in person" after getting to know her through her blog. I also met Stephanie, another of the Spiders who is kind enough to leave me comments here occasionally -- check out her great purchases from the Renegade Craft Fair and her cute baby sweater. (I also met a bunch more Spiders, but it's all a blur now, as I was in the haze of springtime allergies). What a great group!

Before meeting up with the Spiders at The Point on Friday afternoon, I also went to School Products. Since I had allotted myself a fairly limited yarn budget for my trip, I walked back and forth, back and forth, before deciding what to buy. And, surprise, I came home with more Koigu for me!

I agonized over several different color choices. I finally chose this variegated purple one, and I plan to use the leftover lavender Koigu to make contrasting toes and heels (and maybe ribbing).


Stay tuned for more news, including a FO (completed while in NY), a new WIP, some progress on a current WIP, and some new crafty endeavors...

4 Comments:

  • those two purples together will make great socks!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 10:09 AM  

  • Well, there's next month's Project Spectrum yarn, right there.

    Lovely.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 12:07 AM  

  • The baby socks are very cute! (Baby socks are always cute, aren't they?!)

    Love the Koigu color you picked, too - it goes nicely with your leftovers.

    By Blogger Chris, at 12:09 AM  

  • thank you so much for the socks! it was wonderful to finally meet you in person :) Come back soon! Who knows when MJ and I will make it out of the city.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home