aswim in knits

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

crafts not accomplished!!

Hmmm ... it would seem that my post of last Friday was just a tad bit optimistic.

Let's review:

  • Fountain Lace Cardi? Not touched.
  • Jaywalker socks? Second sock gusset completed, plus an additional 6 rounds (woo hoo!)
  • Baby blanket? Ahem. I obsessed over different possibilities. Rainbow squares? Cheerful and childlike, or too closely associated with Gay Pride? A sampler of different stitch patterns? One color, or two or three? I found the yarn I wanted to try (GGH Samoa) in a lovely shade of orange, per my friend's color specifications. Then I found out that the color (#80) was discontinued. Of course, I swatched anyways. Several times. Including one giant 11"x11" swatch, so that I could calculate how much yarn I would need. Let's just say that at $7 for 50 grams, with a multicolored pattern in mind, this yarn is out of my budget for this project. Back to the drawing board, probably with Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece :)
  • Quilt book? Denyse Schmidt book purchased. And drooled over. I definitely see a Hop Skip and a Jump quilt in my future... perhaps in white or off-white combined with sherbet-y colors of pink, orange, green, yellow, and purple? This one will be a bed quilt for my niece Gracie.
  • Sew a skirt? Not even close.
  • Sculpey? I found my box of clay. Figured out the project, but it was too dark to see the colors clearly. Will have to wait until daylight.
  • Beaded necklace repair? Nope.
  • Doggy blanket? Looked at the box it's stored in. That's the closest I got ...
What else did I do this weekend? Well, I got a pedicure on Saturday morning, and went to a family birthday party that afternoon, 2 hours from home (I knit in the car).

On Sunday, Thom and I went to Rockport for the day. It was beautiful!!

While I was there, I bought a very fun pair of pants with turtles on them...
They're from Lilly Pulitzer!! When did I get so old/preppy/WASP-y??? Well, I think they are cute :) I just need to find a shirt to match.

We took the scenic route home, and stopped at the Red Rock Bistro for dinner, followed by ice cream overlooking the beach, with lots of small kids and puppy dogs to amuse us ...

Then on Monday, we CLEANED. And CLEANED. And CLEANED some more. I'm talking window washing, cupbord cleaning, dust-under-the-baseboard-heaters, 8 loads of laundry, reorganize the linen cabinet kind of cleaning. The kind that I hate with a passion. And we did this for 6 1/2 hours!!

But, all my little crafty bits and bobs have now been restored to their proper places, and I can move forward and craft guilt-free this week!

3 Comments:

  • Ah well, it sounds like you had both a very fun and very productive cleaningwise weekend, which is excellent!

    I've never heard of that store...

    By Blogger Chris, at 2:50 PM  

  • Oh, you were in MY neck of the woods. I love the food at Red Rock. I hope you enjoyed it too. And the ice cream!

    Great pictures!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:13 PM  

  • Dear Danielle, It appears that you haven't blogged for a while, but I'm going to write to you anyway. I read your entry from May 4th, and wanted to let you know that you are not alone with your superior oblique myokymia (SOM), and that you can find more of us at our support group site at MSN:
    http://groups.msn.com/Superiorobliquemyokymia/index.msnw

    By Blogger SOMPeople, at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home