aswim in knits

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Blog Break

I just finished some particularly tedious pieces of writing at work, and I am rewarding myself with a brief blog break :)

This is what I started when I finished the Jaywalkers. Yep, that's another sock for ME ME ME ME! I am quite the greedy knitter this month.


This is the "Simply Lovely Lace Sock" pattern from the Spring 2006 Interweave Knits. I am using -- gasp! -- the yarn called for in the pattern! I had some Louet Gems Opal leftover from my Dad's Whitby socks, which is what was used for the green sock in the photo.

The pattern would have you make these as short socks, just a bit taller than anklets. I personally have no use for short wool socks, so I'm making them full height. The sock in the photo has 7 repeats of lace, while mine will have 17. I'm done the leg on sock #1, and have 4 more repeats to go on sock #2, which I hope to finish while at SnB at lunch today.

The photo of my sock-in-progress was taken yesterday. Today, I'm wearing wool socks! I didn't think I would get to wear the Jaywalkers until next fall, but with cold rain and a current temp of 53 degrees, my feet are cozy in wool...

6 Comments:

  • my friend sandra made those socks and the lace IS quite lovely.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 10:13 PM  

  • That pattern has been on my to-knit list for a while.

    And yeah, I'm getting a lot more use out of my wool sock than I thought I would. gah.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 11:01 PM  

  • that would be sockS, plural. time for bed.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 11:02 PM  

  • Brrrrr - I can't believe it's that cold there!

    Those are going to be lovely socks. The color is so very you. ;D

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:38 PM  

  • Those socks are really pretty -- I like your idea to make them long.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM  

  • the socks are lovely - I think I like lace socks now...(it still just seems horribly un-natural to me to put holes in wool socks...)

    I read the title and thought you were going to stop blogging for awhile. I'm so glad that blogging is a break, rather then taking a break from it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home