aswim in knits

Thursday, June 15, 2006

b*tch

I'm sitting in a hotel in New York City, borrowing the Mafia's mobile blogging machine. She's out for dinner with a friend, so I thought I'd take a few moments to post some stories and photos of our employer-financed yarn crawl through New York attendance at a professional conference.

Well, the damn b*tch beat me to it. I had a great little story about Joelle Hoverson, and a few good pix to post. But, you might as well go visit the Mafia's blog to get the full scoop.

That's ok, though. Gives me more time to go ramble about and explore a few blocks of Tourist Central NYC. I'll leave you with a photo of my Purl SoHo purchases ...



(I think I scared someone when I asked if they could wind up the skein of lavender Koigu "for immediate consumption". What, did they think I wanted to eat it??)

... and my cool, slightly artsy photo of the shelves at Purl Patchwork.



Anyways, go visit the Mafia's blog for the whole story...

5 Comments:

  • That koigu cries out for immediate consumption. The rainbow of fat quarters is great!

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:08 PM  

  • Hmm, this "quilting" looks intriguing...may have to try it...
    (4 inches of Sitcom Chic done)

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:56 PM  

  • So I guess you plan on knitting while you're in NY, huh? Have fun!!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 9:37 AM  

  • hahaha, she beat you to it! i hear from sassy stitchess that we'll be knitting together tonight! can't wait to meet you in person :)

    By Blogger spajonas, at 10:35 AM  

  • How come only one skein of the lavender? And wow, I'm impressed that you made it out of Purl so easily. No Kidsilk Haze stuck to you on the way out? etc.

    By Blogger Beth S., at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home