aswim in knits

Friday, March 03, 2006

My last Olympic FO!

I finished the Pepto Pink hoodie on the last day of the Olympics, sewing on the buttons just 45 minutes before the deadline. Once complete, I forgot to post photos!

Here we have Ms. Frog, official knitted babywear supermodel ...


And a side view, with hood ...


The requisite flat -out view...


And a close-up of the button...


Project Specs:

Yarn: Bernat Cotton Tots, "strawberry" (a.k.a. Pepto Pink), less than 3 skeins at 200 yards/skein
Fiber: 100% cotton
Gauge: 20 sts/4 in
Needle: Size 6 Addi Turbos -- while I am a tight knitter with wool, I come close to gauge with the recommended needle size on cotton.
Pattern: Free hoodie pattern from the Bernat website. (Note, the pattern says it's for an intermediate knitter, but I disagree. I used this pattern a couple of years ago for the first sweater I ever completed, and I think it is well suited for a beginner. Minimal shaping, simple edging, yarn-over buttonholes...)
Size: 2 year old

Knitted to gauge, this made a nice heavy sweater, one that would be a fine jacket on a warm spring day. I plan to donate this to charity. Since it's cotton, it's not warm enough to send to Dulaan. If any of you want to recommend a charity, please leave me a comment. I'm willing to mail it anywhere that it is needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home