aswim in knits

Thursday, December 13, 2007

study break socks

While I was studying for a final exam last week, I decided that I needed to take a little break and knit something. Unfortunately, none of my projects were at a stage where I could just pick up and knit mindlessly, so I started some socks. The yarn is some Regia Crazy Color that I picked up in the back room of Webs for $4/ball. Such cheerful colors!

socks.JPG

And yes, I did match the stripes.

sock tops.JPG

Obessive? Moi?

sock heels.JPG

Maybe just a little!

One more pair towards my goal of having a month's worth of handknit socks (inspired by Margene). I don't much care for doing laundry.

I'm a little further along then when I took these photos. I'm about an inch past the gusset decreases on both socks. I'm going to take these to lunchtime SnB today, and work during the commute. It looks like we might get 2 good sized storms in the next 4 days, so I'm thinking I'll spend some time indoors this weekend! Maybe a new pair of socks by the weekend's end?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • Hooray for new socks!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 11:19 AM  

  • Cute socks!! I know, I want a month's worth of socks too.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:55 AM  

  • Ooooo, I love the colors. My colors!! (I'm trying to knit one pair a month)

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 1:07 PM  

  • I made my daughter socks from that same color, and they are still one of my favorites. So happy!

    By Blogger Emily, at 1:10 PM  

  • I love those colors!!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 2:05 PM  

  • Great looking socks! And the matching stripes are fab! Stay safe and warm!

    By Blogger Lisa, at 2:11 PM  

  • Those are so wonderfully cheery! So the problem with having scads of socks is when you DO need to do sock laundry, it's miserable.

    By Blogger Chris, at 6:39 PM  

  • I'm not usually a pink person, but I LOVE the colors in those socks...such happy colors!

    By Blogger Kim, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home