aswim in knits

Monday, November 26, 2007

thanks, and some knitted stuff

Thanks for your words of encouragement yesterday. The paper is going better today. In fact, it's going well enough for me to justify taking a break for a little while.

Thank you to the Mafia who talked me through some key points at lunch today. The conversation went something like this:

Mafia: Would it help you to talk it through out loud?

Danielle: No, probably not. I know what I want to say, I'm just having a hard time writing it. See, for this assignment I have to write about ... [insert 10 minutes of academic legal blah-blah-blabbity-blah here]. [pause to come up for a breath...] Oh, yeah, I guess it did help to talk it through.

Mafia: I thought it might.

******

In other news, I do still knit. Look, a hat!!
for charity

A square!
square
A hat with squares!
for charity

And thus concludes the Dr. Seuss part of this post.

(These are all part of my 2007 Knitting Unto Others. The hats will be donated to charities. The square is going to someone for a blanket to be auctioned off to raise money for an injured cyclist.)

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

  • Do you have more info about that blanket?! Yikes - I read her story...

    It REALLY helps me to talk out ideas, too. Got me through my thesis.

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:36 PM  

  • Oh boy, I really love that first hat! Super cute!

    By Blogger Bertha, at 11:30 PM  

  • Excellent charity knitting. Good luck finishing that paper!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:51 AM  

  • yay! I'm glad you got things sorted out with the paper. Wow - nice hats!

    By Blogger Bostonworkerbee, at 8:27 AM  

  • Nice hats! Nice square! Looks like a Walker pattern -- is it?

    By Blogger Lucia, at 8:44 AM  

  • Excellent hats indeed! Glad you're making headway on the paper.

    By Blogger Pumpkinmama, at 9:05 AM  

  • Love the green in the first hat. And the tassel! Where is the pattern from? Good luck with the writing--soon, soon the semester will be over.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 AM  

  • BEAUTIFUL charity hats!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 AM  

  • The hats are awesome! I particularly like the first one.

    Glad the mafia helped you out. ;)

    By Blogger Jess, at 11:39 AM  

  • Oh I love both of those hats! They are super cute. Where is the pattern from?

    And I'm very glad you feel better - I hate that anxious can't get out from under a mountain feeling.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 PM  

  • My pleasure, dear. Especially since you've suffered through so much "Xifey did blah-blah-blabbity-blah, she's such a [bleeping bleep]!" lately. Tis the least I can do.

    You make nicer hats for charity than most people make for themselves. That must count for extra going-to-heaven points, right? But don't get too many points, cuz you'll miss me when you get there. Or perhaps those points will be good for a weekend pass. Just a thought.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 2:20 PM  

  • All this knitting and grad school too.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 4:26 PM  

  • Fabulous hats; they are definitely going to make someone very happy (and warm).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

  • Oooh, I love the first hat! Good luck with the paper.

    By Blogger Jofrog, at 9:44 PM  

  • sometimes it really helps just to get it all out and then bam! you see what you couldn't see before :)

    By Blogger spajonas, at 10:50 AM  

  • Hey, these really are some really nice hats. I'm not surprised tho.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 12:51 PM  

  • I was actually gonna say that it frequently helps me to talk it thru with someone, and then there, you did it. In fact, the conversation usually goes the same way yours did. ;~)

    ~ hb33 ~

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home