aswim in knits

Friday, November 02, 2007

recycled content ahead

Yesterday afternoon, Boss Lady mentioned that she had not yet put in her request for any Christmas knitting. (She's Jewish, but that's beside the point.) So, I sent her this email, which she promptly printed for her bulletin board. If you don't believe me, ask the Mafia. I cc'ed her.

Dear Boss Lady,

I've thought long and hard about what to knit you for Christmas this year, and I've come up with a few options. Please let me know if any of these suit your fancy.

1) A lovely suit of fringe. Won't see this one in Ann Taylor!


2) "The Ultimate Coat" -- I'm sure you don't have one of these.


3) A well-ventilated sweater?


4) Cabled hot pants (a throwback to an earlier decade)


5) Perhaps a little something for Kitty?


6) Some home decor items?

Let me know what you think of these choices. Any favorites?

Best,
Danielle

(With apologies to Maryse, Lucia, and Jessica for blatantly stealing their pics. )

The email was well received. Boss Lady may actually get a pair of mittens, as she's hinted that she could use some. How could I not, with that sense of humor?

Labels:

13 Comments:

  • How will she ever choose just one; they're all so pretty!

    That kitty looks extremely PO'd!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:46 PM  

  • I might have nightmares about the content in this post!

    By Blogger Chris, at 1:28 PM  

  • Great, I'm scarred for life. THANK YOU.

    Heh.

    By Blogger bellamoden, at 1:39 PM  

  • She plays enough tennis that she's in shape for #3...maybe even #4, for that matter!

    By Blogger Katie, at 1:46 PM  

  • hmm. those hotpants are cabley goodness.

    as for the clown. i'm thinking of making one.

    By Blogger maryse, at 1:48 PM  

  • Tee hee! It's like a post from "You Knit What?" I miss "You Knit What?"...

    By Blogger Lucy, at 1:53 PM  

  • Too funny!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 PM  

  • Very very funny! I love the ventilated sweater, and the MOKS clown. Debbie made that one come to life at Rhinebeck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM  

  • In such a good cause you can steal my pix any time you like. Next time I want to look like a mutant emu I'll be sure to check out that Ultimate Coat.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 11:20 AM  

  • I love Lucia's cat sweater....

    your "dear boss lady" letter almost made my monitor wear fruit punch

    By Blogger Mini, at 3:51 PM  

  • brillant.. I think she deserves some mittens or some socks - non knitters always love socks!

    By Blogger J., at 9:28 AM  

  • cabled hot pants? who knew!

    By Blogger Bostonworkerbee, at 2:26 PM  

  • Excellent, Boss Lady could use some cabled shorts, right?? Great for work. OMG, I love these freaky designs.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home