aswim in knits

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

gifties

I have been a lucky blogger this fall. I got all sorts of nice gifts and contest prizes recently. This is a long-overdue thanks for all of them! Sort of in chronological order, as best as I can remember ...

The first prize is from Susan from KitKatKnit, who had a contest to see who could guess how many photos she would take on her trip to Alaska. (By the way, her gorgeous photos, not all 830 of them, but many, can be seen in a Flickr set.) She sent me some squishy chunky tweed to make mittens with, and a cute sheepy tape measure. Oh, and some chocolate and candy, but that's long gone.
Donegal Chunky Tweed

This morning, I used the yarn to cast on for a pair of mittens for the Soaring Eagles Project.

mittens for Soaring Eagles Project.JPG

I'm shamelessly using blog-contest prizes to knit something to enter in another blog contest. If you knit a pair (or more!) Sandy will enter you in a contest -- she'll custom knit a pair of mittens for the contest winner!

Back to the prize patrol ...
Maryse sent me a skein of Mama-E C*EYE*BER Fiber sock yarn in the Jolene colorway after I donated some hats to the store where she volunteers. (I've used some of this already -- you may recognize the yarn from the Wooly Legs.)
Mama-E's C*EYE*BER Fiber Sock

Then, I won a contest at Bertha's blog for guessing the name and color of her yarn. In return, she sent me some yummy ShiBui sock yarn in the Wasabi color. And some chocolate with raspberries in it. Also gone :)
Shibui Sock

I think these will become socks for a friend who wears a lot of this shade of green.

Then, for no reason at all, Haddy brought me back a little present from a trip to Spunky Eclectic -- a sparkly yellow batt. It will match perfectly with some silk roving I got at Rhinebeck.
Spunky Eclectic Twinkle Batt

I also won a superwash sock batt from Farm Witch, who sells her batts and other fibers through her etsy shop. It too has a bit of glitz, and I can't wait to spin it!
sock batt
sock batt closeup

Also, I won a contest at Cara's blog, and I'll be getting a skein of Socks That Rock from her.

THANK YOU ALL!!! (So much for stash busting, huh?)

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

  • Wow - you are on a lucky roll....
    (beautiful winnings!)

    By Blogger Pat, at 2:49 PM  

  • My goodness! Did you buy a lottery ticket in the midst of all of thise?!

    By Blogger Chris, at 2:58 PM  

  • And you could win yarn from me too...

    By Blogger Lucia, at 4:08 PM  

  • Great wins! Oh well, you'll knit it up soon...

    By Blogger Sarah, at 8:50 PM  

  • Jeeze lousie, you DID win a lot of yarn! Love that Donegal Tweed especially!

    By Blogger Bertha, at 9:56 AM  

  • OMG, look at my stats:
    213 0.67% mit.edu
    209 0.33% picower.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

  • Wow, what lovely gifties.

    and congratulations for being done with your classes for this semester.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 AM  

  • Wow, you're one lucky knitter! And spinner too. So I wonder who you're knitting green socks for?

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 11:44 AM  

  • And here is where I realize that you know Haddy, and I went to college with her. Six Degrees of Separation, indeed!

    Lucky girl, enjoy your winnings. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home