aswim in knits

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Blog-cation

TO: My faithful readers and anyone else who might have stumbled here by accident

FROM: Aswim in Knits

RE: My impending absence

_______________


I will be taking a brief blog vacation, since I will be spending my next week at the Esynchro Age Group Championships in Buffalo, NY. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Buffalo Niagara International Airport Hotel, which despite its name seems to be a decent hotel. They have wireless internet, but I have no laptop. We'll see if I manage to get a seat at the computer in the business center -- I'm travelling with a bunch of 13 year old girls, and with no email/IM access they get a little crazy, so they always make a mad dash for the computers when they have free time. But, you never know ... I might get in a post or two...

In the meantime, let me leave you with a photo of the sock I've been working on for the last week --
DSCN0208-2
Yes, that consists of a provisional cast on and one row of knitting! I have tried at least 8 different toes or toe techniques for this sock before settling on Wendy's basic toe-up sock pattern. I think I will use a toe-up heel flap construction rather than a short row heel, though. After I found a toe construction I liked, I got through the toe and a bit of the foot before I decided that I wanted the socks to be knit at a tighter gauge. So, riiiiiiip ... then I somehow missed short rowing one row, so I didn't have the same number of wraps on the right and left side ... riiiiiiip again. I'm back to the cast on and I hope to be able to get through the toe at our lunchtime SnB today. I want to work on these in the car tonight, as I am driving to Buffalo with the mom of one of my swimmers, and I'm hoping she'll let me be the passenger during the last few hours of daylight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home