aswim in knits

Thursday, June 02, 2005

... and now for the wool!

I went to the MA Sheep and Wool festival with only one thing in mind -- a drop spindle. Well, mission accomplished!
DSCN0155-2
This is my new drop spindle, made by Grafton Fibers. Thank you to my coat for posing as a backdrop during one of many traffic delays during this morning's commute. (Yes, not only do I knit at red lights, but I take advantage of them to shoot photos in natural light. Don't tell my dad, the original "Mr. Safety".)

Check out its beautiful tulipwood whorl --
DSCN0156-2
This is exactly what I had envisioned for myself -- something beautiful and functional. I took a lesson at the festival, but have been too busy to break out the new roving and practice.

Oh, you want to see the roving too? Here it is ...
DSCN0159+2
Why such a boring color, you might ask? Well, I'm thinking this would be great for a foray into Kool-aid dying, either dying the roving or the finished yarn.

Finally, one other thing caught my eye. This skein of lovely recycled silk came home with me too.
DSCN0149-2
Look at how the bright colors totally confused my camera -- the purple jacket is much brighter, like the photo above. I loved the colors, and this skein was only $7.50. I'll make a drop stitch scarf with it. Maybe for me, or maybe for my friend Abby, who spent time in Nepal when we were in college. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home