aswim in knits

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Little Star gets bigger

Last night, Thom and I planned to go to Staples to look at the desk we are thinking of buying for our office. Instead we stayed home, as our meatloaf didn't cook as fast as we thought it should, and by the time it was done, it was too late to go shopping.

So, I got some knitting accomplished! Between last night and a lunchtime knitting group, I'm past the bind-offs for the armholes on the Little Star sweater. It's a modified drop shoulder, so it also makes for easy and mindless knitting!
DSCN0013-2
The sweater says "Block me please! My edges are curling madly!"

Hopefully, I can finish the back tonight. I'm thinking this is the time to try doing short row shoulders and the three needle bind-off thing for the shoulder seams. I'll have to figure that out tonight. Once I finish the back, I think I'll do the sleeves next, and save the front with its star for last. Although, compared to the 12 bobbins I had going for the Sox sweater at one point, this should be relatively portable.

Side note: At our lunch time knitting group at work, I think FemiKnit Mafia and I scared some of our friends with our extensive knowledge of the knitting blogosphere. I'll have to try harder to remember that comments like "Hey did you read the Yarn Harlot today?" might not make sense to everyone!

1 Comments:

  • Hi Danielle,

    This isn't related to your post, but it's a request from a reader. Would you condider syndicating your site so lazy readers like me can get RSS feeds when you update your site? You can get more info on how to do this in blogger here:

    http://help.blogger.com/bin/topic.py?topic=36

    I have one on my blog and I put one on the mitstitchandbitch blog and it's handy.

    Thanks!

    Stacy

    By Blogger Stacy, at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home