aswim in knits

Monday, May 02, 2005

My Knitting Library

So, I thought it would be a good idea to record all of the knitting related books and magazines that I own. I'm not near my bookshelf, so I'm starting this list from scratch and I'll keep updating it whenever I remember something new, or take the time to go check out what's on the shelf ... I'll try to post a link to this in the sidebar too.

Reference Books:
Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book
Big Book of Knitting
The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques
Knitter's Handbook, by Montse Stanley (but mine is the old version with a different cover)
Knitting in Plain English - as Katie says, you've gotta love a book with a chapter title "Buttonholes are Bastards"

Techniques, Stitch Patterns, etc:
Knitting on the Edge

General Patterns:
The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
Stitch 'n' Bitch
Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation
Vogue Knitting on the Go: Beginners Basics
Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton Collection - Book Two (this is her collection for Noro yarns; the most well-known pattern in the book is the Klaralund sweater)

Adults' Patterns:
Rowan 37

Kids' Patterns:
Adorable Knits for Tots
Pipsqueaks
Tadpoles and Tiddlers

Accessories, etc
200 Knitted Blocks

Crochet(!)
Simple Crochet

4 Comments:

  • very cute title and template.
    about your camera post on the SnBMIT blog...
    I just bought a new camera in January and I love it. It's the Pentax Optio S5i 5MP. It's really tiny, fits in my jeans pocket, and is very lightweight. The picture quality is really good, and it has a zoom, fast motion settings for action, and 5 megapix. it also has setting for taking pix of food, photos of water, and it's really easy to use.
    I won't be at knitting tomorrow otherwise I'd bring it along, but I'll be there next week.
    examples are here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34079120@N00/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 PM  

  • Welcome to the blogosphere!
    --Katie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 PM  

  • what a good idea -- you're definitely starting off on the right foot ;) -- and inspiring me to do the same!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 AM  

  • Welcome to the blog world! Thank you for offering the chart for the Sox! I decided to go a different direction. You should definitely post yours here!

    By Blogger Bookish Wendy, at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home